[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Fri Mar 30 22:14:06 CEST 2007

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>
>> Get rid of tslib_pibase and create something that has a proper API and a
>> good documentation of cache handling (and link generation).
>
> I disagree! Although tslib_pibase might be pretty oldschool, this doesn't
> mean that proper caching is not possible while using it. But I agree that
> the documentation needs to be improved, and many things in pibase can be
> done much better... Just wanted to clarify this.

I don't say it doesn't work. I suggested moving on to make future
extensions easier to code.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyones feelings but every time I see the odd names
of the linking functions I shudder. And if I have to check out which of
those function accepts query argunebts with or without the PI prefix I
get the pains. I want somethinbg else - pretty please :-)

Masi