[TYPO3-dev] T3ONE.com

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Thu Mar 8 15:00:43 CET 2007

> in fact take a look at the bugtracker , al that bugs with fixes that
> havent been inserted till now, all that feature requests that no one
> implemented,.. here is now a community part that tries do do that for
> you, soo please stop complaining,...

Hi Chris,

the bugtracker is a good example. Would it improve the situation, if
someone steps up and sets up a second bugtracker because he thinks that
the current bugtracker isn't good enough? People wouldn't know where to
register the bugs. The good procedure would be, to improve the existing
bugtracker.

Now take this example: http://www.typo3.net/

Is it good to have this forum there? A lot of people have invested a lot
of time to collect information there. But this information is not
accessible by the search from typo3.org. I need to use google to access
find this information. How nice it would be if they would have installed
this forum on typo3.org? But they didn't. Now it is scattered information
for me. Work needs to be doubled to get the same information into the
community base on typo3.org. Technical work and information work.

You can argue, that it is still a contribution to the community. That
without it, there wouldn't be a german forum. But I want to see this kind
of information on typo3.org. I want it searchable with the search on typo3
org. I don't really like it, if the resources are scattered around.

Now this scattered information is still searchable with external search
engines. This way it isn't a good solution, but still an acceptable one.
What now, if we start to scatter the community and keep the scattered
informations behind closed logins? It would neither be accessible by the
search on typo3.org nor would it be accessible by external search engines
like google.

So my conclusion is: If there is a TYPO3 community that keeps information
behind closed logins, this information has to be behind the single sign on
on typo3.org. But as much information as possible should be public
available.

Kind Regards

Elmar