[TYPO3-dev] T3ONE.com

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:50:17 CET 2007

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> then I *might* feel better if that information is not spread to the
> whole world but to the folks that are involved in the project themselves.

By the way, anyone can register on t3one, so your information is still
not protected. Anyone can use one-time e-mail to gather any info, even
for bad. But normal visitors may decide to go to another place where
articles are available with a single click anonymously. The less efforts
user have to perform, the more chances that he will stay.

What I see on t3one? I see titles. When I click on them I have to
register. I start thinking: is it worth? What will be the use of my
data? What are benefits *for me* from registering? Is there anything so
special on this site that will pay back for registering? Or I should
simply go to another site and get information there with several mouse
clicks and no need to give my personal details?

If one restricts me, I will try to overcome restriction only if I am
sure that it will repay. I (and no one!) do want to take any extra
actions unless they look reasonable for me. For example, I recently
visited one site about copywriting. It gave excerpts from articles (good
ones!) but asked my e-mail if I want to read them completely. What did I
do? I just selected another search result in Google and found another
site, also with good articles but for free. And I bookmarked that second
site. I do not need the first one, I neither trust those, who ask my
e-mail, nor I feel that my e-mail is necessary to read articles.

Internet is full with information, if one site tries to restrict it,
there always will be another site with open sources.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs