[TYPO3-dev] T3ONE.com

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Wed Mar 7 15:43:56 CET 2007

Hi folks

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> If one restricts me, I will try to overcome restriction only if I am
> sure that it will repay. I (and no one!) do want to take any extra
> actions unless they look reasonable for me. For example, I recently
> visited one site about copywriting. It gave excerpts from articles (good
> ones!) but asked my e-mail if I want to read them completely. What did I
> do? I just selected another search result in Google and found another
> site, also with good articles but for free. And I bookmarked that second
> site. I do not need the first one, I neither trust those, who ask my
> e-mail, nor I feel that my e-mail is necessary to read articles.

You are talking about sites that publish informations (articles,
documents, longer texts). As far as I got the idea of t3one.com is not
to share information of this kind. It is intended to list ideas and
persons. And to combine them. Some sort of bazar where persons that like
to invest time and efforts into the whole TYPO3 project may find others
that have an idea but need help. Or one could write "I have an idea, but
need someone to talk about". That's the way I got it.

I think it's worth to create an account and to have a look into that
site. But I also understand the ones that wrote that they didn't get the
full idea of it. And I have to say: me too. It's a nice site, registered
users can easily get ideas, get to know new projects, join teams and
help in projects. But that's it at the moment.

I personally think it's a good idea to bring persons together so they
know of each other. Theoretically, XING (OpenBC) is ok for networking,
too. But t3one.com is focussed on TYPO3. That's pro.

We'll see how t3one.com will be taken by the community, if it's still
used in 2-3 months. And as Olivier said multiple times: It's beta, there
will some new features come in the future, and existing stuff may be
changed, ...

Olivier and team: Well done!

Cheers,
Mario