[TYPO3-dev] Joomla - GPL bleibt GPL

Sat Jun 23 12:08:10 CEST 2007

> It's not TS that is "calling" TYPO3 libraries, it's just vice versa: TYPO3
> is calling TS as a configuration array that tells the system which of the
> libraries should be called and how this should be done.

It's not the PHP file that is "calling" TYPO3, it's just vice versa: TYPO3
is calling the PHP file. The inversion of controll pattern.

It's not the PHP text file that is "calling" TYPO3 libraries, it's the
interpreter that reads the PHP file. The Interpreter is calling a PHP text
file as a kind of configuration, that tells the interpreter system, wich of
the C libraries and wich of the TYPO3 libraries should be called and how
this should be done.

Maybe you like to discuss the parallels between a TS textfile and a PHP
textfile away, so that you don't need to GPL all you TS. But no, you
don't get it that cheap.

PHP is an interpreted text script and people agree that it has to be GPL,
when it's obviously, that it is written to use GPL libraries.

TS is an interpreted text script as well. I argue that it has to be GPL,
when it's obviously, that it is written to use TYPO3 GPL libraries.

Regards

Elmar