[TYPO3-dev] Textmate

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:31:18 CEST 2007

In article
<mailman.4333.1183905889.29892.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de>
ries vanTwisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:

>  Hey Chrisroph,
>
>  I read that it's 40 euro (20 beer in Europe?), did you pay much more
> for it?

Yeah the exchange rate made it about $55 or so, so it wasn't cheap,
but like I said, well worth it.
>  As it seems, I think every person as it's own personal favorite.
> It's  just
>  about the way of working. For me vim would be very slow since I
> wouldneed to have a manual at hand and lookup every single command
> when I need to do something. I use eclipse since I have some context
> menu's so I don't have to remember shortcuts, also we use many other
> tools in eclipse as clay for DB design, SVN (included in many IDE's
> now days),
>  and report designers.
I didn't think I would like all those keyboard shortcuts, but man do
they make stuff easier. Apple+enter goes to the next line, even if you
are in between words, Apple+Shift+Enter ends the line with the
appropriate delimiter (semicolon in PHP) and goes to the next line,
it's fantastic. There are tons more that make work so much more
pleasant.

>  BTW: For quick file editing I use smultron or bbedit. For accessing
> frequent remote servers I use fuse a lot. For copying files/
> directories I use SCP (any form
>  of FTP program doesn't do the trick for me).

I tried Fuse on my mac but wasn't too impressed, guess I'm a command
line kid now.

Christoph

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo