[TYPO3-dev] difference between frontend plugins based on pibase/ tx_pplib / tx_pplib2

Sebastian Böttger sebastian.boettger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:30:12 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just wanted to create a structure for my new frontend plugin using
kickstarter.
There I have to choose betwenn 3 types of plugins:

Normal plugin (class will extends tslib_pibase)
pp_lib based plugin (class will extends tx_pplib and tslib_pibase)
Advanced pp_lib based plugin (class will extends tx_pplib2)

In fact, I have no clue what's the difference between these types, and
there is no documentation about that I could find.

I only found out, that pp_lib is the extension Popy library. But there
is no manual. The detailed description is just "Library to use in
frontent plugins. Add some function to plugins (when they inherit from
tx_pplib), a new option in kickstarter and a new field type in TCEforms"

Could please anybody explain that to me?

Thanks,
Sebastian