[TYPO3-dev] difference between frontend plugins based on pibase/ tx_pplib / tx_pplib2

Popy popy.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:58:25 CEST 2007

Of course I can :)

For information, "pp_lib based plugin (class will extends tx_pplib and
tslib_pibase)" is now deprecated.

If your plugin object extends tslib_pibase, it mean you will be able to use
tslib_pibase methods.
tx_pplib2 is another "plugin base class", wich provide some functions (as
tslib_pibase, but not the same)

There's no manual, but the tx_pplib2 class is documented. If you don't like
to read the source code, there's a doxygen manual here :
http://pplib.gotofreedom.org/

The most usefull function of tx_pplib2 is the "init" function, but it need a
manual... It read the plugin's typoscript (proprety .config) to load some
propreties from the plugin record / flexform (you can found examples in some
pp_* extensions)
I have rewrited locallang function in order to fix some charset problems
(and memory consuming)