[TYPO3-dev] Submit of BE form which is filled with JS (AJAX) does not work as expected - fields are empty

Patrick Schuster pschuster at n-o-g.de
Tue Jan 9 15:05:00 CET 2007

Patrick Schuster schrieb:
> tried to extend a backend TCA form (from a record) with AJAX. Works
> perfectly - the AJAX call fills some form fields with values. But after
> submitting with the "Save" Button, all form fields (which where filled
> via Javascript) are "empty" so nothing is written in the database.
> If I add a manual text e.g. space or a letter additionally or in an
> other field everything works as expected.

Thanks a lot, found the solution by myself :-)

As the BE TCEforms are not rendered properly (with regard to the use of
the "id" attribute additionally to "name" in form elements - I needed it
for JS getElementById command) I have patched the function
getSingleField_typeInput (just needed it for input elements) to have an
"id" attribute as well (by the way in the hidden element too). Now it
works as expected.

Have a nice day,
Patrick