[TYPO3-dev] Submit of BE form which is filled with JS (AJAX) does not work as expected - fields are empty

Patrick Schuster pschuster at n-o-g.de
Tue Jan 9 10:00:53 CET 2007

Hi everybody,

tried to extend a backend TCA form (from a record) with AJAX. Works
perfectly - the AJAX call fills some form fields with values. But after
submitting with the "Save" Button, all form fields (which where filled
via Javascript) are "empty" so nothing is written in the database.
If I add a manual text e.g. space or a letter additionally or in an
other field everything works as expected.

So I guess there is some JS code at the form tag

onsubmit="return TBE_EDITOR_checkSubmit(1);"

and the following which prevents my JS filled form fields from
submitting correctly.

Do you have any clue what have to be done that filling form fields with
JS leads to the same result like manual entering?

Thanks a lot for any hints,
Patrick