[TYPO3-dev] PEAR and TYPO3, are they enemies for eternaty?

Elmar HInz elmar.DOT.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Tue Jan 9 14:31:57 CET 2007

Am Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:15:30 +0200 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

>> Elmar is not talking about core depending on PEAR but to have the
>> possibility to use pear library in extensions.
>
> So, make it an extension (if you/he can) and use :)

That's the point. You can't do that for several reasons.

One reason is that the PEAR directory needs to be included into the PHP
include path. Setting the include path doesn't belong into an extension.
You couldn't rely on, that that always works. It's a clear task for
the central setup. A clean solution requires

a) having a common pear directory side by side with the ext/ directory.
b) including it by the central TYPO3 installation tool.

"I little step for the core team, a big step for TYPO3."

Regards

Elmar