[TYPO3-dev] Indexed Search Performance Improvement

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 28 22:04:36 CET 2007

Hi Peter.

Thank you very much for that!

On 28.02.2007 15:06 Peter Russ wrote:
> It takes several 10s of seconds to get search result displayed.
>
> The problem is the "fulltext" search on a regular index either on
> index_fulltext.fulltext or on index_words.baseword performed by a
> "where index_words.baseword like '%nonsense%'" query.
>
> We could speed up the time (10s of sec down to millisec) by doing the
> following:

+1
I have received speed enhancements from 120 sec. to <1 sec.

> 1) adding fulltext index to index_fulltext.fulltext and
> index_words.baseword

ALTER TABLE index_fulltext ADD FULLTEXT (fulltextdata);
ALTER TABLE index_words ADD FULLTEXT (baseword);

is this what you meant?

> Limitation: requires newer versions of MySql (4.0 or later)

MySQL does not no longer support versions < 5.0
Even Debian supports only >=4.0

I vote for changing TYPO3 requirements to MySQL 4.x or higher with the
next release.

--
cheers,
Steffen