[TYPO3-dev] Indexed Search Performance Improvement

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Feb 28 21:00:49 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>
>> i asked for that index also a while ago. The answer was, we can't change to
>> be compatible to DBAL.
>> But why don't filter that index in DBAL ?
>>

> The problem is that the syntax for the SQL query is different for full text
> indices. So indexed search needs to know if it runs on Mysql. But we could
> change indexed search so it knows about DBAL (a sysext after all). There
> are other places in the Core where we check for the presence of specific
> extensions.
>
> Masi

Hey Masi,

One other problem is that indexed search not only need to know if it's
mysql,
but also the storage engine. Full text search only works on myisam tables,
not on  innodb or other storage engines.

This basically calls for an specific API so that each DB can have it's own
method of text search. So when teh table is detected as mysql, we
redirect it to
the mysql text search functions and for other DB's other class set's.

Ries