[TYPO3-dev] Page and List Ajaxed

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri Feb 23 15:51:52 CET 2007

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Andreas Balzer schrieb:
>>>
>>> Second is some major thing.. What about people with disabillities? Is
>>> it possible to work with your ajax driven module even if the user is
>>> using a screenreader or braillereader? I don't think so. (But I
>>> haven't test it too..)
>>> Well, you _must_ find a solution if you haven't done yet.
>>
>> Why does he must do it? As it is now, it's his extension.
> Well most people here don't talk about having this feature as an
> extension, but as a core feature. Therefore, it has to be compatible to
> the customers browsers. You can't just decide 'Hey, I have some great
> thing. It'll break the output of only a few browsers, so just a few
> hundred people will notice, that their new T3 version is not usuable
> anylonger.'

Basically I agree, but ... We went along til now not even bothering
about older versions of standard browser (eg IE 5.5).

>> If there is some consensus to integrate this into the Core then
>> *someone* should take accessibility into account.
> Well if "*someone*" does it, it'll probably not be done at all. And if
> the (extension) author does take care about, you can make sure, that the
> result is well thought and not only a wild mixture of different code
> segments delievered as a thousand and one XCLass extending exts..
>> But honestly, is the current BE useful with a braillereaer? I doubt that.
> It is. Or at least some projects for disabled people use it.

... I am suprised to hear that some users are successfully using the BE
without a screen device.

I'm interested to hear about what would really help them. What about the
frameset, the really ugly old-style html etc. Are these things issues or
are current readers good enough for that?

IMHO a standard website should be usable for everyone. OTHO the BE is so
complex that I'm willing to have either different UI or a couple of UI
config vars that enable or disable certain features.

Eg I'm happy with an AJAX element move per default and a user TS setting
that reenabled the up/down buttons.

>> After figuring out that you can drag those special icons around,
>> you'll love it.
> What 'special icons' other than those of the pagetree do you mean?
>> At least somedody did a thing and did not ponder about some
>> theoretical braille reader issues.
> First: It's not theoretical! Second: Why not just say that Opera is
> theoretical? I would say, that there is an equal amount of people using
> braillereaders or screenreaders compared to the amount of people using
> Opera..

Because I doubted that you can use the BE with a braille reader at all.
I stant corrected in that point.

>> I haven't seen any output out HCI yet.
> Maybe you just didn't look. But the nice dashboard that Kasper is
> coding, the quick search (that will probably come to the top right of T3
> BE) and many other features (like grouped list module entries) were
> introduced in the hci list.

I had the impression there was a long discussion with some consense and
some dissence. And then Kasper wnet and did what he felt was right..
which was making a copy of Apples Desktop layout ;-)

> But I want to get T3 better,

We have a shared interest here.

Masi