[TYPO3-dev] Backend ajax: mID approach

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Fri Feb 9 13:41:47 CET 2007

Martin Ficzel

>> 1) for record type 'pages' there could be tabs, at least these
>> * generic features
>> * advanced features (no distinction between normal/advanced pages but
>> tabs )
>> * shortcut and external urls
>

> thats indeed a good idea and it will make it quite easy to use advanced
> pages as default type without obfuscating the redacteurs.
>
> its very simple to achive since you just have to add some
> "---div---;Title" to $TCA['pages']['types'] and set
> $TCA['pages']['crl']['dividers2tabs'] = TRUE;

I though also that div coud be quite easy to add - and control tabs.
In fact this system is already used for example in tt_news plugins,
when selecting another tab. Some JavaScript hides/unhides tab content

>> It is *extremely* annoying first close content editing, then open page
>> properties, close page properties, open again last editing content
>> element. I have alway hated that very deeply. That is example of very
>> bad usability. That issue would be nice to solve together with AJAX
>> issues.
>
> i understand that as the suggestion to add some of the fields of the
> page redord

no - but easy way switch between editing page properties and individual
content elements.

If you have *return link* to last opened content, it is extremely easy
to edit meanwhile page properties and individual content element.

>to the standard interface of page module
In fact I have done the functionality for the standard page module and
TemplaVoila. QuickEdit was painful because it works so differently.
I changed editing page properties to alt_doc.php instead of
db_layout.php. Only content editing usese db_layout.php

> i think it could easyly be added to the templa voila page module as an
> optional tab.

I added who series of tabs

* 'Contents' - page module view
* 'Properties' - generic page properties and page properties for the
default language
* 'Properties (lang)' - if the current page view shows other language
than '0' link to language related page properties

* first content/last opened content
a) 'To first content' - if the page has some content link to first
content element but the last opened content is not in this page
b) 'To last content' - if the last opened content is in the page
c) 'Last opened content' - higlighted and used when user has opened some
content element troght the page module

* 'Preview' - preview using Web > View *without* editing links but added
tab set to the top - left

user has not edited yet content elements in this page

but i'dont know weather that makes it harder for
> redacteurs to understand the concept of pages and content elements.

if you mix page properties and content element that is harder to
understand. I don't mix them - but just give shortcut links between
editing different content element related records. You can test that
in my site, if you want. the site uses classic page module but I have
done similar functionality for TemplaVoila.