[TYPO3-dev] Backend ajax: mID approach

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Fri Feb 9 13:27:27 CET 2007

Tapio Markula schrieb:
> Maximo Cuadros kirjoitti:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As i told to Ingmar, the actual alt_doc_ajax.php (4.1-dev), have a
>> limited support to add more ajax calls, this file is created just for
>> Inline-Relational-Record-Editing (IRRE), but i think it that can be a
>> good make the rest of the ajax calls need it by be.
>
> alt_doc.php has also some other issues, which could be developed and I
> hope that you could take account these too.
>
> 1) for record type 'pages' there could be tabs, at least these
> * generic features
> * advanced features (no distinction between normal/advanced pages but
> tabs )
> * shortcut and external urls

thats indeed a good idea and it will make it quite easy to use advanced
pages as default type without obfuscating the redacteurs.

its very simple to achive since you just have to add some
"---div---;Title" to $TCA['pages']['types'] and set
$TCA['pages']['crl']['dividers2tabs'] = TRUE;

additionally the feature could be enabled/disabled with flag from
config/ectmgm.

> It is *extremely* annoying first close content editing, then open page
> properties, close page properties, open again last editing content
> element. I have alway hated that very deeply. That is example of very
> bad usability. That issue would be nice to solve together with AJAX
> issues.

i understand that as the suggestion to add some of the fields of the
page redord to the standard interface of page module. for instance to
enable the setting of title, subtitle and type without editing the page
header record.

i think it could easyly be added to the templa voila page module as an
optional tab. but i'dont know weather that makes it harder for
redacteurs to understand the concept of pages and content elements. so
there should be some discussion about such a feature.

regards Martin