[TYPO3-dev] Google eMail accounts for your domain

Espen Svebak firebee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:55:35 CEST 2006

We are just in the process of implementing Google apps for your domain,

and would be interested in such an extension.

> I think it looks much more professional as a school

> when you provide email addresses under your own domain.

> Also what if a name already exists on Google??

> Should a student have it's name like : p.peters123 at gmail.com?

Google lets you provide email accounts under your own domain.

Similar named accounts on gmail wouldn't be a problem.

> I also think when I look at www.gmail.com, I think it's a horrible

> user interface design.

> I seriously think that any school, university and company should

> have it's email policy there, not relying on others service. But that

> is personal.

We really don't have the resources or the knowhow to run everything
ourselves.

> At least I don't want my students say 'But sir, gmail was down!!!'.

> About creating such extension (it can be useful under some situations),

> you might suggest your school to sponsor such a project?

We could help in sponsoring parts of it at least.