[TYPO3-dev] Google eMail accounts for your domain

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Sep 24 23:22:55 CEST 2006

Hey Andreas,

I think it looks much more professional as a school
when you provide email addresses under your own domain.

Also what if a name already exists on google??
Should a student have it's name like : p.peters123 at gmail.com?

I also think when I look at www.gmail.com, I think it's a horrible
user interface design.

I seriously think that any school, university and company should
have it's email policy there, not relying on others service. But that
is personal.

At least I don't want my students say 'But sir, gmail was down!!!'.

About creating such extension (it can be useful under some situations),
you might suggest your school to sponsor such a project?

Just my opinion,
Ries

> Hi!
> Google has recently started a project called "Google for your domain".
> They are offering API-less email adresses for your own domain for free
> (in the beta period (maybe even after the beta)). But you can pay a fee
> for premium accounts, where you get the API access, or, if you are
> registered as a school (university, ...) you get the API service for
> free too. Which means you are able to offer 2 GB email mailboxes to all
> your students, teachers, etc.. Google hosts, as well as a calendar,
> website generator and many things more.
>
> Well, we are registered there and we have an api access. It would be
> really cool, if we can offer free email accounts to our students, but
> it's to much work, to do that manually and we don't have the knowledge
> to create a TYPO3 extension.
>
> Is someone of you is interested in developing such a thing, it would be
> really awesome!
> We would like to have a connection between the T3 user registration and
> the google account. A BE administrating module would be nice too, but
> this is not needed. But be aware: we can't pay anything for the
> development..
>
> See more
> http://ess-erfurt.de/index.php?id=451
>
> Anyone interested?