[TYPO3-dev] Extend/modify flexforms from another extension?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Sep 20 08:22:48 CEST 2006

Hi!

Ryan Hayle wrote:
> Is there any way to extend the flexform options of another extension? It
> doesn't seem like xclass will work for this.  I tried loading a new file
> like this:
>
> $TCA['tt_content']['columns']['pi_flexform']['config']['ds']['tx_cal_controller']
> = 'FILE:EXT:aba/flexform_ds.xml';

You need firsts to load TCA for it. Then set ds_pointerField to
tx_cal_controller and see if it helps.

> But that doesn't work since within the backend, I don't think my plugin
> code gets called if I'm editing the CE of another extension.

The code you wrote must be in ext_tables.php (it must load at each
system execution).

> Also I
> have no idea if it would even be supported to have an xml excerpt and
> have it merged with the other.  Has anyone come up with a solution to
> this?

No, you need to define xml completely.

> Can flexforms be modified with TS?

Not 100% sure but I think not. At least not with standard TS.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/