[TYPO3-dev] Extend/modify flexforms from another extension?

Ryan Hayle ryan.hayle at space150.com
Wed Sep 20 16:43:32 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> You need firsts to load TCA for it. Then set ds_pointerField to
> tx_cal_controller and see if it helps.

Thanks.  I loaded the TCA but didn't know about ds_pointerField, I'll
try that.

> The code you wrote must be in ext_tables.php (it must load at each
> system execution).

Yep, that's where I had it.

> No, you need to define xml completely.

Maybe it would be possible to load the existing xml from the TCA and
modify it with XPATH or something?  Then I would have to write it back
out to a temp file, or can I store the XML in a variable?

> Not 100% sure but I think not. At least not with standard TS.

Too bad, that would be really easy.  I don't understand the reasoning
behind the flexform xml format, you need to define a specific index for
each thing and update it manually--this seems unnecessary to me.
Perhaps this can be changed in the future!

Cheers,
Ryan