[TYPO3-dev] Extend/modify flexforms from another extension?

Ryan Hayle ryan.hayle at space150.com
Tue Sep 19 19:27:43 CEST 2006

Is there any way to extend the flexform options of another extension?
It doesn't seem like xclass will work for this.  I tried loading a new
file like this:

$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['pi_flexform']['config']['ds']['tx_cal_controller']
= 'FILE:EXT:aba/flexform_ds.xml';

But that doesn't work since within the backend, I don't think my plugin
code gets called if I'm editing the CE of another extension.  Also I
have no idea if it would even be supported to have an xml excerpt and
have it merged with the other.  Has anyone come up with a solution to
this?  Can flexforms be modified with TS?

Thanks,
Ryan