[TYPO3-dev] (x)Ajax Problems

Mon Sep 4 02:48:11 CEST 2006

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> hi Elmar,
>
> thx for the advice. The thing that confuses me is, that it depends on the
> browser - but may be IE is more error tolerant to xml.
> I will have a look to the eID-technique. Do you know if there is better
> performance without the "page is generated..." ? cause i had a lot of them
> while experiments.
> So is it that eID is preferred now, cause i thought that with xajax tutor
> this should be pushed ?
>
> vg  Steffen

If it comes to different charecter sets the browsers definitly behave
differently failure tolerant. Choosing the default of xajax, utf-8 for
transmission, there shouldn't accour broblems.

The behaviour with caching problems should be the same for all browsers.
Well in theory.

xaJax is an ajax library. eID is rather a hook to access ajax. So they
should work together. But I havn't tried it yet. The same with the page
type technic. Should also work with xaJax.

eiD makes most work. I would use it in special cases for high
performance sites. xajax tutor on the other end describes a way that is
very integrated into normal extension development.

The tutor (and xajax) wants to enable ajax for non javaScript
developers. No more no less. It's a getting started tutorial, not a
recommendation of a best solution. The selection depends on the chance
that someone has written it. There is seldom much sytem in TER.

In doubt I recommend the way with a different page type, but the best
solution depends on the situation.

Regards

Elmar