[TYPO3-dev] alwaysActivePIDlist

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Oct 24 14:38:33 CEST 2006

Hi!

JoH asenau wrote:
> "powerful and chaotic" doesn't sound like "broken" to me.

Different people have different views on the same thing. I find it
chaotic while Martin thinks it is broken (I assume "broken in design").

> So the question remains: How can we improve it instead of getting rid of it?

I do not know. There is an attempt (ObTS) but I do not like it.

> "Too many properties" can be "fixed" in two ways:

"Too many" does not mean "bad". It means only "too many". It is like
having database access, ajax and xhtml cleaning all in one class. Not
bad to *have* it but bad that it is all in one place.

> You can remove redundant properties (breaking backwards compatibility)
> People can simply ignore what they think to be redundant.

No, they are often useful.

> One conceptual bug is, that this way of executing the functions means, they
> are executed in the order they have been inserted in the TS-setup, while the
> original version only uses the order that is determined by the "if-list" and
> ignores the order inside the TS-setup.

In general this is more useful than harmful. I often wanted to change
order ;)

> So again backwards compatibility is broken.

That will prevent it from appearing in the core...

> On the other hand this enables people to simply use stdWrap.whatever for
> each and every TS property.
>
> So maybe we can improve this concept by fixing the bugs and removing some of
> the redundant functions to really get a "fully blown stdWrap" ...
>
> Anybody interested?

Sounds interesting but I will not be any help because I have all my time
full...

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/