[TYPO3-dev] alwaysActivePIDlist

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Oct 24 12:25:55 CEST 2006

JoH asenau schrieb:
>>>[..]> Yes, but stdWrap is so incedribly ugly [wrap, wrap2, wrap3,
>>>innerWrap,

>>>1. Step: implementation based on stdWrap
>>>2. Step: redesign of stdWrap.
>>
>>stdWrap is broken as it is,
>

> says who?

Me.

>- And for which reason?

I told already, stdWrap is a stupid mess of concantenated wraps.

> And if this is so, why don't you fix it?

I have a scetch for it and I my time is limited. I plan to do something for
4.1 or 4.2

> And if you don't want to fix it, why don't you tell others what seems to be
> "broken" for you so that they can fix it?

Because its a bad habit to repeat mistakes just because it is the easy
solution.

>>so I'd rather add the new and shiny thing
>>to  all "string propertys" rather than go and add stdWraps
>>I'd like to get rid of.
>
> These "new and shiny" things are what I would like to get rid of, since they
> are just confusing people. Somebody invented the := operator for a similar
> reason, but hardly anybody is using it ...

Noone was telling the users/admin anything about is. We have a nice litte
summary called NEWS.txt and that's. We do not advertise any new featues.

Unlike DAM and DBAL which didn't even work properly for 4.0....

> The basic idea of stdWrap is good,

No, just have a look at the code and you see that it is crap. It was a nice
idea at the start, but it got out of hand.

Masi