[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 commandline tool

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Oct 11 22:01:05 CEST 2006

Hi!

Dan Frost wrote:
> Actually - what I meant to say was that my command line script is based
> on the CLI mode, but removes the executable from any specific instance
> of TYPO3. This allows developers to keep a set of useful scripts which
> they can run on any of the TYPO3 project they're working on without
> having to install them as an extension or similar.

It depends on what you want to do. If it is a database fix or check, I
prefer to do it on my own, without initializing typo3. But it is not
really portable between versions and depends on my knowledge of typo3
internals.

If script uses typo3 APIs it should not be difficult to make it portable
across different installations and in general it will be portable
between versions. Configuration is easy: just separate php file with
necessary settings.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/