[TYPO3-dev] Extending extension plugin with XCLASS

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Thu Oct 5 23:23:35 CEST 2006

Ryan Hayle schrieb:
> I'm trying to extend a plugin in my extension with XCLASS.  I've defined
> the new file in my ext_localconf.php, and that file IS getting included,
> since a global echo from that file will show up.  The class itself,
> however, is not being instantiated.  Are plugins instantiated
> differently than other classes so that XCLASS won't work?  It looks like
> in addPItoST43() the plugin is added via TypoScript, and I'm not clear
> how this works.  It seems like I would need to someohow tell it
> (extension manager?) what the name of my new class is, but I'm not clear
> on how to go about doing this.  If anyone could offer any suggestion, I
> would greatly appreciate it!
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

Hi Ryan,

is "...I've defined  the new file in my ext_localconf.php..." similar to

"The next thing is to configure TYPO3 to include this class file as well
after the original file tslib/class.tslib_content.php:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["XCLASS"]["tslib/class.tslib_content.php"]=
PATH_typo3conf."class.ux_tslib_content.php";
So when the file “tslib/class.tslib_content.php” is included inside of
class.tslib_pagegen.php, the extension class is included
immediately from inside the “tslib/class.tslib_content.php” file (this
is from the bottom of the file):
if (defined("TYPO3_MODE") &&
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[TYPO3_MODE]["XCLASS"]["tslib/class.tslib_content.php"]) {
include_once($TYPO3_CONF_VARS[TYPO3_MODE]["XCLASS"]["tslib/class.tslib_content.php"]);
}
"? s. COREAPI page 52 or search for XCLASS?

Regs. Petere.

--
Fiat lux!
Docendo discimus.