[TYPO3-dev] Extending extension plugin with XCLASS

Ryan Hayle ryan.hayle at space150.com
Thu Oct 5 23:57:40 CEST 2006

Peter Russ wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> is "...I've defined  the new file in my ext_localconf.php..." similar to
>
> "The next thing is to configure TYPO3 to include this class file as well
> after the original file tslib/class.tslib_content.php:

Yes, this is exactly what I meant. :)  I have been following the
core_api docs you mentioned to do this.

And indeed, the extension class -file- is included.  The class is just
never instantiated because, as far as I can tell, the class name for the
plugin is inserted -explicitly- into the typoscript in addPItoST43().  I
would somehow have to specify the name of my extended class I think?

I could add to my ext_localconf.php something like this:

t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43($_EXTKEY,'controller/class.ux_cal_controller.php','_controller','list_type',1);

But then this would conflict with the base extension call that included
tx_cal_controller.

Is there no way to do what I am attempting?

Thanks,
Ryan