[TYPO3-dev] tt_address 2.0.0 underway, please test

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Nov 28 16:59:12 CET 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

>>>I (and any other dev) can make extre fields any time I like. You want the
>>>extra fields for the casual user?
>>>
>>>Masi
>>
>>Hi Masi,
>>me too :) but most of the users not ... but they can change the labels for
>>their need.
>>(was just an idea cause i know from forum that users ask everytime for
>>things like that)
>

> I would oppose to do so. It takes some 5-10 clicks to create an
> extension that adds the required fields to *any* existing table using
> the kickstarter. And there you can configure exactly how those fields
> should look like (RTE, textinput, date, etc). I think this is flexible
> and confortable for the "admin" and we don't need to have filler-fields
> for that.

Perhaps someone could write an add-fields-only wizard for the casual admin.
The wizard won't have to say anything about creating an extension at all.
The UI would let you add fields and place them into the TCE-forms.

And it wold make sure the extension is always loaded last. That is, when it
is invoked to da any changes.

I know the kickstarter, but its UI is confusing and not really well suited
for any admin who is not a developer.

Masi