[TYPO3-dev] tt_address 2.0.0 underway, please test

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 28 15:36:30 CET 2006

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 28.11.2006 13:25:

>>> why not implementing e.g. 5 "userdefined" like additional1-additional5 so
>>> there will be no problem when additional fields are required.
>> I (and any other dev) can make extre fields any time I like. You want the
>> extra fields for the casual user?
>>
>> Masi
> Hi Masi,
> me too :) but most of the users not ... but they can change the labels for
> their need.
> (was just an idea cause i know from forum that users ask everytime for
> things like that)

I would oppose to do so. It takes some 5-10 clicks to create an
extension that adds the required fields to *any* existing table using
the kickstarter. And there you can configure exactly how those fields
should look like (RTE, textinput, date, etc). I think this is flexible
and confortable for the "admin" and we don't need to have filler-fields
for that.

Cheers,
Ernesto