[TYPO3-dev] substituteMarkerArrayCached doesn't work but substituteMarkerArray does work.

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon Nov 20 17:14:31 CET 2006

Hi Ries,

"R. van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.39395.1164038620.30218.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> hey Guys,
>

> what is the difference between substituteMarkerArrayCached and
> substituteMarkerArray?
>
> It is properly because of some caching...

yes, the substituteMarkerArrayCached looks in Cache too, look in the source
cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php

> But it looks like that substituteMarkerArrayCached can't handle templates
> in UTF-8? (just a wild guess)

No, there are no conversions, so it has no effect to the Kollation

> When we had the template in english encoding utf-8 it worked perfectly.
>
> But now it's in Estonian encoding utf-8 substituteMarkerArrayCached
> doesn't output
> anything anymore. However when I earch and replace
> substituteMarkerArrayCached to
> substituteMarkerArray magically all starts to work again!!!

Be sure only to use uppercase Markernames. Be sure to make no
lowercase/uppercase-transformations.
You find my Problems with turkish here in the list with a very good advice
from Masi.