[TYPO3-dev] substituteMarkerArrayCached doesn't work but substituteMarkerArray does work.

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Nov 21 05:27:07 CET 2006

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi Ries,
>
> "R. van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.39395.1164038620.30218.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>> hey Guys,
>>

>> what is the difference between substituteMarkerArrayCached and
>> substituteMarkerArray?
>>
>> It is properly because of some caching...
>>

> yes, the substituteMarkerArrayCached looks in Cache too, look in the source
> cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php
>

>> But it looks like that substituteMarkerArrayCached can't handle templates
>> in UTF-8? (just a wild guess)
>>

> No, there are no conversions, so it has no effect to the Kollation
>

>> When we had the template in english encoding utf-8 it worked perfectly.
>>
>> But now it's in Estonian encoding utf-8 substituteMarkerArrayCached
>> doesn't output
>> anything anymore. However when I earch and replace
>> substituteMarkerArrayCached to
>> substituteMarkerArray magically all starts to work again!!!
>>

> Be sure only to use uppercase Markernames. Be sure to make no
> lowercase/uppercase-transformations.
> You find my Problems with turkish here in the list with a very good advice
> from Masi.
>

>> I have looked into bugtrack but I can't find any reference about it.
>>
>> Is this worth to investigate? I don't want to rush and pollute bugtrack.
>>
>> Ries

hey Steffen, how are you doing buddy?
All seems to be fine... I only use UPPERCASE markers and in english!

The template is good IMHO since the non-cache function works perfectly.
However when I use the cached function it stops working. I feel that the
template doesn't get stored properly, or it doesn't get retrieved
properly because only the first time it works... a second time it stops
working.

So it can be not stored properly, or not retrieved properly.

Since the cached function doesn't work it should be transparent to the
non cached function I think that the cached function is broken, and
can't handle UTF content properly.

Is worth to dive in to? Ries

--
Ries van Twisk