[TYPO3-dev] Open-XChange vs. Kolab

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Thu May 25 07:44:18 CEST 2006

On 5/25/06, Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:

I agree with you that I may have overreacted.

> There are plenty of good reasons for preferring open source software
> over proprietary stuff when there's a choice--especially if you're
> deciding where to DONATE your time and energy.

A connector to a proprietary system is still going to be open source,
if I understand the DONATE part right. Picking a 1000 times less
popular product to integrate with over a more popular, but proprietary
just because the latter happens to be made by Microsoft does not sound
like a solid technological decision or a wise use of own time. Plus,
M$-bashing is so  passé.

Microsoft doesn't give a flying duck if some TYPO3 can or cannot act
as a front-end to Sharepoint/Exchange. But thousands of TYPO3 users
do. Yeah right, let's try pushing them to drop Exchange and install
Kolab ;))))

--
Dimitri Tarassenko