[TYPO3-dev] Open-XChange vs. Kolab

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu May 25 06:06:49 CEST 2006

Hey Dimitri,

On 5/24/06, Dimitri Tarassenko <mitka at mitka.us> wrote:
> Elmar,
>
> On 5/22/06, Elmar Hinz <elmar.DOT.hinz at team.minus.red.dot.net> wrote:
>
> > In general there is no reason for us to voluntary reward companies that
> > repeatedly misuse monopolistic positions.
>
> Oh please, would you stop this bullshit? Or put your money where your
> mouth is and strip out any Windows compatibility and support from
> TYPO3 altogether, we'll see how far that gets you. Another one with an
> agenda and trying to save the world.

Why not calm down and quote Elmar correctly? He said:

"...If I voluntarily write open-source
connectors, I surley write them for open-source products.

In general there is no reason for us to voluntary reward companies that
repeatedly misuse monopolistic positions. It's up to yourself to judge wich
companies behave in this way. Some judgments of european courts will help
you to detect them."

There are plenty of good reasons for preferring open source software
over proprietary stuff when there's a choice--especially if you're
deciding where to DONATE your time and energy.

-Christopher