[TYPO3-dev] BLOBs considered harmful

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Jun 28 14:42:00 CEST 2006

Hi!

R. van Twisk wrote:
> Yes it's worth it, simply because thanks to our customers we can eat
> everyday.

Did I say it isn' worth? No! I said that it is worth spending time to
convince customers to install mysql specifically for typo3.

> They need to know and don't like black boxes in there organization. They
> also need
> to setup rescue procedures for this application to restore databases and
> they also
> need to create backup procedures, specially for MySQL. So sometimes it
> can cause
> a lot of extra problems for the customer. We are not talking about the
> bakery
> around the corner that wants a website.....

I understand. But it looks like you do not provide post-installation
support? We usually provide support from 3 to 12 months (depending on
the contract) after launch.

Dmitry.