[TYPO3-dev] Speeded up TYPO3 by 500% :)

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Jun 26 14:28:04 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>
>> If everything works it seems to be an important improvement. In this case I
>> think it will come with 4.01 or 4.10.
>>

> Better 4.x than 4.0.x (because 4.0.x is a bugfix release).
>

>> Is it a real improvement or is it that Bernhards DB is very slow. Can
>> anybody else can confirm the results.
>>

> I got from 9 to 20 rq/s max. 9 with MyISAM and up to 20 when changed
> some tables to InnoDB.
>
> Server is tuned, does approximately 700-800 q/s. No swapping, query
> cache is on, index stats are very good, cpu usage is around 20% at peak
> time, gbit connection to Internet. I believe it is not a db bottleneck
> but how db is used - too many request to db, too many data transfers.
> Often "select *" is used when not necessary. Even using file cache
> instead of db cache improves performance. I am not even talking about
> indexed search and sys_stat - those too are complete performance killers.
>
> Dmitry.

fully agreed with the above.....
We don't use indexed_search at all, it will simply not work.
We have to turn off sys_stat of, it is well known that mysql
with myisam storage engineannot handle well inserts into tables that
happen frequently,
That's why that innodb handles taht better. I am still in the loooong
progress to go
for postgresql instead of mysql.

Ries