[TYPO3-dev] Speeded up TYPO3 by 500% :)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Jun 26 10:13:16 CEST 2006

Hi!

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> If everything works it seems to be an important improvement. In this case I
> think it will come with 4.01 or 4.10.

Better 4.x than 4.0.x (because 4.0.x is a bugfix release).

> Is it a real improvement or is it that Bernhards DB is very slow. Can
> anybody else can confirm the results.

I got from 9 to 20 rq/s max. 9 with MyISAM and up to 20 when changed
some tables to InnoDB.

Server is tuned, does approximately 700-800 q/s. No swapping, query
cache is on, index stats are very good, cpu usage is around 20% at peak
time, gbit connection to Internet. I believe it is not a db bottleneck
but how db is used - too many request to db, too many data transfers.
Often "select *" is used when not necessary. Even using file cache
instead of db cache improves performance. I am not even talking about
indexed search and sys_stat - those too are complete performance killers.

Dmitry.