[TYPO3-dev] Speeded up TYPO3 by 500% :)

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Jun 26 14:24:32 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>> When it works with simulateStatic and realurl, it can be integrated to
>> core. What do you think? :)
>>

> If everything works it seems to be an important improvement. In this case I
> think it will come with 4.01 or 4.10.
>
> Is it a real improvement or is it that Bernhards DB is very slow. Can
> anybody else can confirm the results.
>

> Regards
>
> Elmar

I do think that Bernhards DB is good enough,
We also see that typo3 is slow out of the box.
Currently I get 6 req/sec and whith some tuning I get more.
However loading all typo3 librarys takes just a long time,
I even did some tests simply including a class takes up 10-20ms.
That's just a simple require_once (which I did read somewhere cannot
be cache good be an accelerator).

so I do believe that this might work for this static sites.
However I do run a dynamic community based sites
where users are logged in, you can imagine I have problems...
We are currently in the progress of optimizing are site.
Make some items in php instead of in typoscript.
Our page generation must go down to below 500-750ms.

I am looking forward to more solutions, I am working on my own
to have FE users logged in, while pages still come out of cache for
teh static parts, and I can call PHP for these dynamic items.

Ries