[TYPO3-dev] Enable option for CSS Styled Contents

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Mon Jun 26 10:01:28 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula wrote:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> On 26.06.2006 07:23, Tapio Markula wrote:
>>
>>> Because floated objects work unreliable (behavior is sometimes
>>> unexpected), I don't like the table free solutions.
>>> It is hard or even impossible to get forms to work
>>> reliable using DIV + CSS float and get desired result.
>>

>> How about this solution:
>>
>> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/prettyaccessibleforms
>
> Well needs totally new setup for CSS styled content.
>
> Jeff is right
> "
> but given the complexity of some layouts and the numerous float bugs
> associated with Internet Explorer, it’s not always easy to reuse a float
> solution
> "
>
> IMO it was *bad* decicion in the core team of Typo3 to
> put forms using DIV-elemetents, which need bad working float.
>
> Somebody didn't thought thoroughly *reality word* - but
> just imaginary fantacy word, where Firefox is the king.

Tapio,

It is NO problem what so ever to use tableless layout for anything and get it
cross browser. If you do not want the numerous advantages of separation of style
and content there is always the option of changing the compatibility version of
TYPO3.

Please try to be a little more constructive. Your mails contain a lot of
negativity.

gRTz

ben
--