[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3-Live and VMWare recommendation...

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Jun 12 23:53:51 CEST 2006

Stig,

I have run typo3 as my webserver for a long time untill I get a seperate
server again.
They main reason for this is that running vmware, eclipse, firefox and
sam IM applications
doesn't fit anymore in 512MB (I have 2 times 256MB in my laptop).

Apart from that it's fast and perfect situation. However vmware cost
quite a bit I had a demo version...

There are however some other vmware alike applications that might beable
to do the same, and I even
thing one or 2 are open source, but the quality of it is less them
vmware. which is a brilliant product!

Ries

> Hi
>
> I just discovered that there is a TYPO3 virtual appliance for VMWare
> Player. It's based on the TYPO3-Live Knoppix CD.I have just tested this
> briefly, and this VMWare appliance is good news for me.
>
> Before I had a setup of a Windows workstation (Athlon XP1700+ and 1GB
> mem) and an old CeleronII 850 machine as webserver. Now I can skip the
> old webserver, and use the VMWare Player program instead.
>
> I was afraid that changes I made in the Virtual PC would get lost, but
> when closing down and starting up the Virtual PC again all changes are
> still there. So that's great.
> It also seems like that the system runs just as quick as before.
>
> So if you have a similar dev-setup as me, this might be worth checking out.
>
> http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/193
> http://www.vmware.com/download/player/
>
> Best regards,
> Stig N. Færch