[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3-Live and VMWare recommendation...

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Mon Jun 12 22:08:13 CEST 2006

Hi

I just discovered that there is a TYPO3 virtual appliance for VMWare
Player. It's based on the TYPO3-Live Knoppix CD.I have just tested this
briefly, and this VMWare appliance is good news for me.

Before I had a setup of a Windows workstation (Athlon XP1700+ and 1GB
mem) and an old CeleronII 850 machine as webserver. Now I can skip the
old webserver, and use the VMWare Player program instead.

I was afraid that changes I made in the Virtual PC would get lost, but
when closing down and starting up the Virtual PC again all changes are
still there. So that's great.
It also seems like that the system runs just as quick as before.

So if you have a similar dev-setup as me, this might be worth checking out.

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/193
http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

Best regards,
Stig N. Færch