[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3-Live and VMWare recommendation... (it's free!!)

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Tue Jun 13 08:07:53 CEST 2006

Hi Ries and others

> I have run typo3 as my webserver for a long time untill I get a seperate
> server again.
> They main reason for this is that running vmware, eclipse, firefox and
> sam IM applications
> doesn't fit anymore in 512MB (I have 2 times 256MB in my laptop).

Yes, I can imagine that vmware requires a bit memory. Can't you upgrade
your laptop? ;-)

> Apart from that it's fast and perfect situation. However vmware cost
> quite a bit I had a demo version...

"VMware Player" is AFAIK completely free, and is not restricted for
private use. However, with VMware Player you cannot create your own
VM's. But as TYPO3 is already represented as a VMware appliance, you can
do without this feature.

 >> http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/193
 >> http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

/Stig