[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x

Jacob Floyd techgurufloyd+typo3 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 02:13:47 CEST 2006

Sorry for adding to this already 'lengthy' thread.

[snip]
> 5 Developing in a team
> Skype and IRC
[snip]

In general, I like IRC, except for one thing:

There's an 8hr difference between where I am (Utah/US with MDT=GMT-6 or
MST=GMT-7) and Germany/Denmark where many of the current core developers
are (CEST=GMT+2 or CET=GMT+1). This means, I'm asleep during European
Business Hours (approx) and I'm at work during Euro After work hours,
and you're sleeping when I'm available to do something.
Quite the conundrum.

For me, I can stay up late (sometimes), but if you want more US
involvement, IRC might cause problems, then again, the benefits of IRC
might outweigh the deficits, as it does for so many other OSS projects. :)

If IRC is used, I ask that transcripts be posted somewhere (Wiki,
mailing list, whatever, I don't care - just somewhere). Note however,
that I don't think we should worry about where just  yet - this thread
is too long.

>From Utah/US,
Jacob Floyd