[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x -- WAS: TYPO3 5 mailing list?

Thu Jun 1 08:34:14 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> Please let's not abuse TER for this purpose. RFCs are one-off proposals

It would be no abuse to store documentation into TER. It's always a
question of appropriate categories and filtering.

If that doesn't work well, it's not a big problem to store RFC extensions
into an indipendent system, I guess.

> and not really useful for the TER users. I'd rather setup a
> list/newsgroup for this where every RFC gets its own thread and no other
> threads are allowed until a certain deadline. Discussion of RFCs takes
> place in these threads and everything is nicely arranged, searchable and
> archived.

The strengths of NG are discussion, not conception. They are hasty be nature.

There are several advantages to use one extension for each RFC.

* versioning
* distribution
* automatic HTML display of manual.sxw
* example code easy to run as extension
* sql tables and data
* every kind of attachment files like UML diagrams can be shipped

Regards

Elmar