[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x -- WAS: TYPO3 5 mailing list?

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 10:19:53 CEST 2006

Elmar,

My view is: The TER is for distributing TYPO3
extensions. RFCs are (i) not extensions to TYPO3
and (ii) will become very quickly obsolete, thus
filling up the TER with out of date junk!

Here's what we need:
1. Wiki - for outlining what's going on, the
process of submitting RFCs etc. It would be the
"brain storming" notice board.
2. Mailing list - because we need to discuss ideas
like we are doing here
3. RFCs - these would probably be PDFs (everyone
can read them) or ZIPs (if lots of source code is
included)
4. Somewhere to post the RFCs - probably the wiki

dan