[TYPO3-dev] ext_typoscript_setup.txt [WAS: stable = documented ?]

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jul 25 16:20:27 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Tapio Markula schrieb am 25.07.2006 15:57:
>

>>I'm going to do that for next version of 'tm_contentaccess'
>

> What has this to do with "contentaccess"?

just an example how to solve ext_localconf.php issue.

> Or is this extension just a
> place where you add all functionality that you miss in TYPO3 core?
> Wouldn't it be better to provide different extensions for each class of
> functionality that you add?

no because they entend the same classes and chains could be very
difficult to control - *but* I were are not now
discussing about my extensio but generic issues.

>>As enable option
>>
>>Add an edit panel for frontend edit... [enable.addEditPanel]
>>(...)

> Tapio, I could not follow what this has to do with the current thread of
> discussion.

I shown an *example* how to define TS, which has defined in
'ext_typoscript_setup.txt or .../setup.txt

I thought we were talking about how developers should write
> their extension code

yes - I just gave an example of possible

  (in particular their TS-snippets). What do "enable
> options" has to do with that??

they give a way to solve needs of newbees and advanced developers
With enable options it is possible to take account need of newbee users
and advanced developers.

It seems that you have not figured the possibility to use enable options
to solve different needs - *they* are especially used to satisfy
different needs.