[TYPO3-dev] ext_typoscript_setup.txt [WAS: stable = documented ?]

Tue Jul 25 23:39:50 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula wrote:
> What about my suggestion - lets users choose!
> if you put
> 1) into ext_conf_template.txt
>
> for example 'enable.preconfiguration'
>
> 2) into ext_localconf.php
> if ($_EXTCONF['enable.']['preconfiguration]) {
> here some generic TS config, which
> represents the tasks of
> ext_typoscript_constants.txt
> and
> ext_typoscript_setup.txt
> }
> 3) into ext_tables.php
> if(!$_EXTCONF['enable.']['preconfiguration'])
>     // initialize static extension templates
>     t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'pi1/static/','The name of
> static template');
>

> Now you can give the change to get the plugin work *immediately*
> with necessary configuration *for newbees* or *afterward*
> using external static TS files - that fits for *advanced developers*.
>
> Don't remember, that not *all* users are so expert than you, Elmar and
> Peter.

Hi Tapio,

I guess you were on the right track a few hours before the others. It took
me some time to understand the proposal - there is some other work during
the day. I will do some testing with this.

I think 2) should be modified, so that pi1/static/ etc. would be read
diretly. So you don't need to dublicate the code, wich would be a source of
errors.

Regards

Elmar