[TYPO3-dev] ext_typoscript_setup.txt [WAS: stable = documented ?]

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jul 25 15:57:08 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula wrote:

> What about my suggestion - lets users choose!
> if you put
> 1) into ext_conf_template.txt
>
> for example 'enable.preconfiguration'
>
> 2) into ext_localconf.php
> if ($_EXTCONF['enable.']['preconfiguration]) {
> here some generic TS config, which
> represents the tasks of
> ext_typoscript_constants.txt
> and
> ext_typoscript_setup.txt
> }
> 3) into ext_tables.php
> if(!$_EXTCONF['enable.']['preconfiguration'])
>     // initialize static extension templates
>     t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'pi1/static/','The name of
> static template');
>

> Now you can give the change to get the plugin work *immediately*
> with necessary configuration *for newbees* or *afterward*
> using external static TS files - that fits for *advanced developers*.
>
> Don't remember, that not *all* users are so expert than you, Elmar and
> Peter.

I'm going to do that for next version of 'tm_contentaccess'

As enable option

Add an edit panel for frontend edit... [enable.addEditPanel]

Add an edit panel for frontend editing (this can be defined also
afterward by adding a static TypoScript template)

Default: 1

disabled, then possibility use a static TypoScript template.

If that option +

Set predefined user config. These s... [enable.preset]

Set predefined user config. These settings can override by using TS
Config for users/user groups.

enabled, all functionality *immediately* available - any configuration
is not necessarily needed (endeed work ok only if typo3 is not installed
into sub-folder and as local plugin - needs resetting some path, if
installed global and/or Typo3 has been installed into sub-folder).

Plugins should be both easy to install and properly confurigurable.