[TYPO3-dev] standard TYPO3 ajax framework

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jul 17 09:26:53 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz schrieb:

> 1.) People that work in PHP and search for a way to easy and quickly build
> extensions that implement a simple exchange of dynamic parts a page.

Is this the approach where you don't code in JS at all? And there's a huge
lib (PHP and JS) behind to implement all kinds of predfined stuff? I'm not
too keen on any 3rd party code that brings its own paradigm into TYPO3.
Perhaps I'm too much thinking in terma like TCA, but glueing TCA with a lot
of code to another lib doesn#t look like a great idea to me.

> 2.) Poeple who want to do all the possible tricks, so that they need to
> work with JavaScript.

I'm for using a small base lib. We can borrow the ideas from the bigger
libs but we can make our lib much more intergarted into the existign TYPO3
framework.

Masi

PS: How can ECT be connected to the Core development? Currently I see a
parallel approach. Both ext. devolpers and Core devs. dream separately of
new APIs.