[TYPO3-dev] standard TYPO3 ajax framework

Mon Jul 17 10:08:13 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Is this the approach where you don't code in JS at all? And there's a

Yes, that comes close.

> huge lib (PHP and JS) behind to implement all kinds of predfined stuff?

xaJax is comparingly slim and easy to use. It's a solution for the every
day user not one for the wizards.

> I'm not too keen on any 3rd party code that brings its own paradigm into
> TYPO3. Perhaps I'm too much thinking in terma like TCA, but glueing TCA
> with a lot of code to another lib doesn#t look like a great idea to me.

I prefer real world solutions to great ideas. ;-)

AJAX is more or less a xml pumping system to the client upon requests for
the dynamic parts of a page. I don't see a direct realtion to TCA. Separate
 functionality to gain flexibility.

>> 2.) Poeple who want to do all the possible tricks, so that they need to
>> work with JavaScript.
>
> I'm for using a small base lib. We can borrow the ideas from the bigger
> libs but we can make our lib much more intergarted into the existign
> TYPO3 framework.

What is the sense in building an own lib, when there are so many good ones
available and thingis develp so rapidly? Who should build and maintain it?

However I am not a JavaScript user. You need to discuss this with them.

> PS: How can ECT be connected to the Core development? Currently I see a
> parallel approach. Both ext. devolpers and Core devs. dream separately
> of new APIs.

Extensions are solutions of today. New Core APIs are solutions of tomorrow.

If you speak of 5.x you will need to wait for month and years for them to
come. Core developers learn from the experiences made with extensions. You
can compare extension to the incubator projects of the Apache Foundation.

Regards

Elmar