[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse, phpEclipse, DBG and Typo3?

ernst parth eparth at epatec.at
Tue Jul 11 13:36:09 CEST 2006

"Elmar Hinz" <elmar.DOT.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1152610272.12585.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

>  But you can:  Choose "New Window" from the Window Menu and move this one
>  the 2nd monitor.
>  there close all views except the editor and maybe the navigator. Now You
>  have 2 file editor windows on 2 monitors.
>
> This is also nice to know. I think it's too complicated in practice ...

It is not ideal, but better than opening a sourcefile in another editor to
view it on the 2nd screen ;-)
I use it quite often. I just leave the 2nd window open all the day ... and
drag over a file as needed.
Maybe give it a try :-)

You can save the "Editor only window" as Your custom perspective (in the
window menu),  from then on You can just open this new perspecitve in the
new window - so You do not have to close all the unwanted views by hand.

Besides: the 2 instances of the Eclise Editor are still linked. If You have
one file open in both windows any change made to the file  in one window is
automatically shown in the other window. So you need not care in which
window You make a change.

ernst